Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Re: Daphile software

August 21st, 2018, 4:25 am

Grover Gardner wrote:You mean you are going to rip the CDs using Daphile? I would use standard FLAC at 5-6 compression. You can also play CDs directly through Daphile by loading the CD Player plugin.

If I set it higher, will it be better or is 5/6 the sweet spot?

August 21st, 2018, 11:33 am

That's the standard compression level on most rippers. Any less compression and you're just taking up disc space you don't need to.

August 21st, 2018, 11:47 am

Grover Gardner wrote:That's the standard compression level on most rippers. Any less compression and you're just taking up disc space you don't need to.

I'm using the max at "8".

August 25th, 2018, 1:52 am

This PC I am using does not have wireless.

Are you able to connect the PC to an access point via wire so you can connect a tablet via wireless?

August 25th, 2018, 6:28 am

Yes, that’s how mine is setup...

August 25th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Roscoe Primrose wrote:Yes, that’s how mine is setup...

Not a wireless router, an access point.

August 25th, 2018, 7:40 pm

mix4fix wrote:
Roscoe Primrose wrote:Yes, that’s how mine is setup...

Not a wireless router, an access point.

If it can get on your network, it ought to work. A USB WiFi dongle might be another option, that's how the one I setup for my Dad works...

August 30th, 2018, 3:17 pm

How do you rediscover it? I can't connect to it via network.

September 9th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Need help. Can't cut/paste music from an external USB drive to one of my internal drives.

September 9th, 2018, 7:51 pm

The file manager in daphile sucks.... It's probably easier to have daphile share the internal drive, and mount it on another computer and copy over the network...

Roscoe
Post a reply