Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

xonar essence stx ii 7.1

July 10th, 2018, 8:26 am

I know one of you has the xonar essence stx ii 7.1 sound card. Have you replaced the op amps and if so with what op amps. I have ordered one and intend to use it in my htpc as a dsp electronic crossover.

Re: xonar essence stx ii 7.1

July 10th, 2018, 8:50 am

I have the first version of both the ST and STX, I've tried many different opamps. My favorites are the AD797 and LME49990. The AD797 will oscillate without capacitor changes and the LME49990 has been discontinued - be wary of buying them on eBay. There are others that sound great as well, I have a pretty good stock of different ones you are welcome to try. I recommend you use an oscilloscope to verify any changes you make do not result in oscillation before connecting to your system.

July 10th, 2018, 9:15 am

It is not clear from the documentation but are the op amps on the daughterboard replaceable?

July 16th, 2018, 11:24 am

They are on the older daughter board, probably still are.
Post a reply