Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

Notting Analogue Innerspace Jr.

April 16th, 2018, 1:37 am

Roscoe:

http://nottinghamanalogue.pl/en/product/interspace-jr

Mated with Nottingham's own 9" Interspace tonearm and tonearm combination,

It measures 8 3/4 inch from point to point.

Re: Notting Analogue Innerspace Jr.

April 16th, 2018, 7:36 am

Ok, that's 222mm, only 135 arms with that length on vinylengine.com :D Unfortunately, I can't find any useful information on that arm,so no idea what cartridges it might play nice with...

Roscoe

April 16th, 2018, 12:56 pm

http://nottinghamanalogue.pl/en/product ... -10-inches

I believe this is the tone arm.

April 17th, 2018, 6:47 am

Roscoe
Is it not just a matter of adjusting mass to have a good cartridge to tonearm interaction?

October 20th, 2018, 5:11 am

Bump.

October 20th, 2018, 5:53 am

I never knew what "bump" means

Lots of ways to adjust arm mass to get resonance freq to the sweet spot. I saw sets of cartridge mounting screws made out of different metals with increasing mass. From nylon to aluminum, to brass.
On eBay.
I've even used English or Irish raw wool stuffed into the arm tube. They do sound different.

I would pick a cartridge based on sound rep then mount and listen. Then go to work getting it adjusted as best as can be done. Then I would check for resonance freq. if it is too high, then go through the tedious exercise of adjusting mass by adding small amount of weight to head shel. I use that black sticky stuff parts express sells for speaker gasket. When I get it right I weigh the stuff then find some way suitable to add that amount of mass to the system..
Or you could just play a cd
Post a reply