Switch to full style
A place to discuss member's DIY audio projects & post pictures/schematics. NOTE: There is a limit of 2MB per attachment, and a maximum of 3 attachments per message. If you need to post more than 3 attachments, just add another message.
Post a reply

SE amp design first step...

February 3rd, 2018, 5:37 pm

I think this should be the first or at least the second step in SE amp design or DIY.

http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/seampcad1.html

I think it needs an XP 32-bit computer.

Re: SE amp design first step...

February 3rd, 2018, 5:47 pm

I bought a glassware program about 17 years ago. It doesnt run on any newer OSs.
Dont pay a penny for them.

February 3rd, 2018, 5:54 pm

The web page clearly states -

Product Description
SE Amp CAD
For those of you who still have old computers running Windows XP (32-bit) or any other Windows 32-bit OS.PROGRAM WILL NOT RUN UNDER VISTA OR WINDOWS 8 or any other 64-bit OS.

ray

February 4th, 2018, 6:41 am

I keep an old an laptop around just to run those TubeCad programs on. They're really handy. If you still have something with Win7 on it there's a free XP emulator for that.

It's a shame he hasn't had the time to update them.

February 4th, 2018, 8:41 am

If you want to move beyond the old "XP" google "spice tube models" and see what comes up. A lot of tube loving audio amateurs have done a lot of work modeling tubes and tube amplifiers using the spice circuit simulator.

May 23rd, 2018, 9:34 am

You can download XP for free from Microsoft now and run it in a virtual machine:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-windows-xp-for-free-and-legally-straight-from-microsoft-si/

I haven't done this myself but I've used an XP VM someone else set up and can verify that it works!

May 23rd, 2018, 11:09 am

John Broskie's programs are very helpful. As was stated, too bad he hasn't had time to update them. They run pretty well in Linux wine. I keep a dual boot machine with XP on it also, just for them.

Sure, better simulators are available, but his are simple and easy to use.
Post a reply